Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's With a New Attitude

If you're anything like me, dear reader, then you probably have a history of seriously disliking Valentine's (aka Singles Awareness) Day. Well, I recently had the opportunity to rethink the meaning of the holiday with the hope that I would avoid a day of wasting my energy being negative.
Firstly, I ditched the image of a fat baby shooting arrows at unsuspecting victims and actually looked up the story of Cupid, or as I'd rather call him "Eros". It's a wonderful tale and I encourage you to look it up for yourself. It actually made me think more about trust and seeing with one's heart rather than one's eyes. I thought about the trust and faith that goes into loving someone else and the importance of those two qualities in any relationship. There can be no true everlasting love where there is no trust.
With that in mind I took it into a different direction and thought about the importance of being honest with yourself. If you can't be honest with yourself, you can't truly be honest with anyone else. These collective ideas led me to a rather adventurous sounding conclusion: Use Valentine's to be completely honest with myself and everyone else.

No comments:

Search This Blog