Friday, November 20, 2009

Eye Twitch

I have recently rediscovered an interesting reflex of mine that kicks in when I'm annoyed by something: My right eye twitches. One situation in which this came to my attention happened as I was strolling through the store to my beloved music section. I was in no hurry because the particular band whose album I'd planned on purchasing was not particularly well known and I had been a fan since their humble beginnings. I was extremely discombobulated when I saw a group of giggling teenyboppers perusing my favorite music store and not in the Pop/Hip-hop aisle at Wal-mart where they belong. The next thing I know, they're skipping off with the last of the usually few albums that I wanted!
What really irked me was the fact that they had only heard one song from a particular movie which I will not name that the band had done for the soundtrack. They Googled it; saw that the lead singer was hot; and thus found where the current album was sold. *Eye twitch*

I used to work in a library before I started art school. Every day, this one lady sat at one of the computers and downloaded songs off the internet until closing. I was closing up one day and she came in, 5 minutes before I was supposed to lock the doors, wanting to use the computer. I politely told her that the computers had already been turned off for the evening and she'd just have to come back the next day. She went nuts on me, saying I was being inconsiderate and she'd get me fired. By this time, I was tired, hungry, and thoroughly ticked off at the fact that I'd worked double hours without thinking to bring my lunch. It took all the composure I had to look her in the eye, ask her if she was finished, and told her that I was locking up now and if she did not leave I had the right to call the authorities. But what really got her was the *EYE TWITCH*. I knew it because she was startled the second it kicked in. She left in a hurry. The next day she tried to report me to my boss who looked at her incredulously and subsequently blew her off.

What habits or reflexes do you have when you're annoyed?

No comments:

Search This Blog